Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Can...Keep My Head Above Water

This is always what I thought would happen if I started to blog...I would find the motivation to finally start it up, and then just as quickly I would forget to write, or get distracted, or just plain not do it.  A self-fulfilling prophecy perhaps?

That, or it's just been hard to find the time lately to put together 5 outfits for the week  that 1) are clean, 2) fit, anad 3) aren't things I already wore this week.  (Fail, on all 3 counts by the way.)  So it's even harder to find the time to blog.

But for the most part, it's been a really good kind of busy.  Harrison has always been wonderful of course, but over the past few weeks he has become such a little person.  He sees a bunch of toys and picks out the one he wants to play with.  He cracks up at the dog constantly, even when she is doing absolutely nothing other than sitting at the door whining.  If I work really hard, I can get a laugh out of him myself sometimes!  I can tell he is constantly watching me and figuring things out, and when he is awake I want to do nothing except for play with him and show him the world and engage him in everything it has to offer.


One thing that's been keeping us busy- fun with food!

Before I was a mom, I was a wife and an employee- and those things still keep me pretty busy too.  I am grateful for a new work opportunity that will allow me some more time with my favorite boy, and which in turn will hopefully start making things a little easier for me and my favorite man.  We've been talking a lot about recreating time for "just us" and how to make that happen when we have a baby who still won't sleep (more on that another time!)

So basically, time is worth it's weight in gold.  And there are days that very little on the to-do list get done.  But today I have a (fairly) clean house, a minimal list of work tasks to accomplish, and a weekend in front of me with no overnight visits or major things to do.  So here I am blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment